Technical Support Engineer Level 2 – C1S-MS-051
Employment type: full-time
About Cloud 1 Solutions, Inc.
Cloud 1 Solutions is a privately owned corporation founded on 15+ years of Fortune 500 experience supporting rapid growth, emerging technologies, and secure, stable, scalable systems. Our clients range from medical to super high-tech companies with staff located throughout the US and worldwide.
Why work at Cloud 1 Solutions?
At Cloud 1 Solutions, you will work with some of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers provide services to Tesla, DOD, and DOE. In addition, we deliver critical services for cutting edge firms that range from software development to manufacturing. If you enjoy working in a very dynamic, fast paced, exciting environment, we are the right choice for you.
This role will be responsible for engineering and maintaining solutions for the Client Technology infrastructure, support and implementation while providing expert-level operational support.
* The ability/willingness to take on new and unknown applications.
* Monitoring and leading project deliverables for both local and remote site and user initiatives.
* Collaborate and communicate with client and corporate team members.
* Regularly attend meetings at various times to accommodate variances of team.
* Ability to deliver informative, well-organized, strategic presentations, with strong interpersonal skills, to build professional relationships, creating partnerships across the organization.
* Create and maintain documentation including process procedures, technical specifications, project plans, project schedules, meeting agendas and status reports as needed.
* Provide timely and informative status reports to key stakeholders at all levels when appropriate
* Be able to work with, and manage vendors when required.
* Ability to think creatively or “out of the box” when providing solutions for end users productivity.
* Be an enthusiastic advocate for team goals; provide high level support to technical teams (L2) regarding business requirements and deliverables as needed.
* Communicate with management and subject matter experts across the organization to accomplish objectives.
Required Skills & Requirements
Environment: DELL, HP, IBM, MAC, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Redhat 6.4 Linux, SLES-11 Linux, Solaris-10/11 Linux, EMC2, Symmetryx, , SAN, NAS, NetApp, EquaLogic
Network: LAN/WAN/VLAN, T1, SIP, TCP/IP, VPN, FTP, VMAX, Clarion, EMC, CISCO, SonicWALL, DELL, APCON, FCOE, AP
Application: MS Office, SharePint, Sage, VNC, WebEx, Secure Point,, MS Visio, MS Project, Acronis, VMware, Virtual PC, Symantec Endpoint & BE, Sage
* Past experience as a Seasoned Systems Administrator; in a large enterprise environment.
* Demonstrated track record of successfully planning participating in large / complex project implementations from start to finish and complete the needed documentation for ongoing support.
* Successfully led multi-vendor projects, with end to end technical leadership and management.
* Extensive knowledge of Windows platform, both Windows and Server OS.
* Positive personality and inclined to be successful while continually improving individual skills and those of the teams.
* Self-motivational mindset, able to work with minimal supervision while delivering top-notch solutions that will continue to take the organization to the next level.
* Ability to communicate to upper management effectively when needed.
* Know when/how to drive change within team and larger IT teams.
* Capacity to work varied hours when needed.
* Demonstrated operational discipline and thoroughness in most/all aspects of work — e.g., status reporting, documentation, following process and procedure.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and work to an identified set of priorities.
Education or Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent and demonstrable training and experience. Appropriate technical certifications are a plus.
* Ten (10) or more years’ experience as a full-time technical professional.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to direct technical projects.
* Extensive experience in the analysis and design of systems, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k!
To apply: Email and attache resume:
Subject: Technical Support Engineer Level 2 – C1S-MS-051